The ALL ME® Podcast
Impact of Mental and Physical Fatigue on Health? – Ali Boolani, PhD
When you think of the word fatigue, you may associate this with just being tired. Fatigue is more than just being tired or sleepy as many people who have fatigue are so drained, that their exhaustion interrupts their daily life. Nearly 44% of employees have reported physical fatigue at work which is up 38% from 2019. It was also reported that 60% of those same employees reported negative impacts of work related-stress, interest, motivation, or energy which resulted in a lack of effort. In this podcast, we speak with Dr. Ali Boolani to discuss what is physical and mental fatigue, the causes, the signs, and symptoms, how diet, exercise, and sleep play a big role, and what we can do to minimize both.
Ali Boolani, PhD
Ali Boolani is currently an Associate Principal Scientist at the Gatorade Sports Sciences Institute (GSSI) and a Research Professor at Clarkson University. Ali received his BA and MA at Tulane University in International Relations with a focus in International Political Economics. He then went on to receive a M.Ed at the University of New Orleans and PhD at Oklahoma State University in Applied Physiology. After his PhD, he pursued a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Georgia under the direction of Dr. Patrick O’Connor in mental energy and fatigue.
He is currently pursuing a Masters in Theoretical Artificial Intelligence at Johns Hopkins University. Prior to moving to GSSI, Ali was a tenured Associate Professor at Clarkson University, where he led a team of inter-disciplinary researchers who were interested in better understanding inter- and intra-individual differences in objective and subjective feelings of energy and fatigue. Ali has published more than 60 peer-reviewed research articles, secured more than 20 federal, state, and industry grants, presented over 125 peer-reviewed research abstracts, and has been an invited speaker at more than 20 national and international conferences.
Resource Definitions and Links:
· Join Gatorade Performance Partner, the first multi-disciplinary community of sports performance professionals. You’ll get access to exclusive benefits like complimentary CEUs, science-backed resources, and opportunities to discover all the latest that Gatorade has to offer. Join the community at www.GatoradePerformancePartner.com
· Founded in 1985, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) is committed to helping athletes optimize their health and performance through research and education in hydration and nutrition science. Learn more at www.GSSIweb.org
- Twitter and Instagram @GPPartner
- Facebook @GPerformancePartner
- LinkedIn @GatoradePerformancePartner
- Twitter: @theTHF
- Instagram: @theTHF
- Facebook: Taylor Hooton Foundation
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 214-449-1990
- ALL ME Assembly Programs: http://taylorhooton.org/education-resources/face-to-face-programs/
Check out this episode!