The ALL ME® Podcast
Impact of Food Sensitivities on Health – Kylene Bogden, RD
It is estimated that 32 million Americans suffer from some sort of food allergy including 5.6 million under the age of 18. It’s also been reported that 4% of adults and 5% of children have food intolerances. Could you be eating something that may be extremely nutritious but it could be causing inflammation or joint pain and you don’t realize it’s the food triggering those symptoms? Could your headaches or inflammation be related to a food sensitivity? In this episode, we speak with Certified Leap Therapist and Sports Dietitian, Kylene Bogden, to discuss what a food sensitivity test is and what it measures, when should someone get tested, what do the results mean and how to adjust your diet if you have one.
About Kylene Bogden
Kylene Bogden is the performance dietitian for the Cleveland Cavaliers and Co-Founder of FWDfuel Sports Nutrition, a functional sports nutrition practice and blog. Kylene specializes in a whole-food approach, where she uses individualized nutrition protocols to reverse chronic illness and improve athletic performance.
Kylene previously studied directly under Dr. Mark Hyman at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine where she learned to address food sensitivities, gut health and nutrient deficiencies in order to maximize one’s health potential.
Kylene has been quoted as an expert source in publications such as U.S. News and World Report, O Magazine, Time, Prevention, The Huffington Post, CBS.com and Women’s Health Magazine. Additionally, she has been invited to speak on the local, regional and national level.
Resource Definitions and Links:
- Evidence Based Functional Sports Nutrition Blog: com
- Ultimate Guide For Athletes with Food Allergies
- The Best Food Sensitivity Testing
- Difference Between a Food Sensitivity, Allergy and Intolerance
- 14 Day Full Recovery Course (Using Functional Nutrition to improve energy, joint/muscle pain, food sensitivities are also addressed in here etc.)
- IG: @fwdfuel
- Tik Tok @ fwdfuelsportsnutrition
- Join Gatorade Performance Partner, the first multi-disciplinary community of sports performance professionals. You’ll get access to exclusive benefits like complimentary CEUs, science-backed resources, and opportunities to discover all the latest that Gatorade has to offer. Join the community at GatoradePerformancePartner.com
- Founded in 1985, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) is committed to helping athletes optimize their health and performance through research and education in hydration and nutrition science. Learn more at GSSIweb.org
- Twitter and Instagram @GPPartner
- Facebook @GPerformancePartner
- LinkedIn @GatoradePerformancePartner
- Twitter: @theTHF
- Instagram: @theTHF
- Facebook: Taylor Hooton Foundation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 214-449-1990
- ALL ME Assembly Programs: http://taylorhooton.org/education-resources/face-to-face-programs/