The ALL ME® Podcast
S01 E18: Combat Sports & Drug Testing – Dr. Margaret Goodman
In this episode you’re going to hear from Dr. Margaret Goodman who is a Neurologist that has had an extensive career in combat sports. Dr. Goodman has been a ringside physician for over 500 professional fight cards and she’s going to provide us with inside look into the world of boxing and Mixed Martial Arts. She has given interviews to newspapers, magazines and websites on medical issues as it relates to boxing and MMA including: Sports Illustrated, The New York Times, USA Today, Maxim and many more.
During the interview you will hear the passion that she has for the safety and wellbeing of all athletes. Being one of the first female ringside physicians in a male dominated sport, Dr. Goodman shined. She’s received numerous awards for her accomplishments and when you hear her stories, you will quickly understand why she is so decorated in her profession.
We’re going to talk about the use of Appearance and Performance Enhancing Substances and you will hear the two of us share our passion for anti-doping to keep athletes safe and healthy. Dr. Goodman is the founder and President of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association who currently provides drug testing services to boxers and MMA fighters.
This episode is full of great stories and valuable information, we’re very thankful for the time that Dr. Goodman spent with us to share her wealth of knowledge and expertise so that we can be more educated about this topic.
- Voluntary Anti-Doping Association: https://vada-testing.org/
- Athletes Recovery: http://www.athletesrecovery.com/
- “Death in Vegas” –Margaret Goodman, MD: https://www.amazon.com/Death-Vegas-Margaret-Goodman/dp/0990370305
Did You Know?
- Over 1.5 million teens admit to using anabolic steroids.
- The #1 reason young people turn to anabolic steroids is to look better.
- Up to 25% of Dietary Supplements are contaminated with illegal drugs and banned substances.
- Find certified products here: https://www.nsfsport.com/
- 85% of students have never been educated on this topic.
- Twitter: @theTHF
- Instagram: @theTHF
- Facebook: Taylor Hooton Foundation
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 214-449-1990
Check out this episode!