Taylor Hooton Foundation > Hoot’s Corner > General > Another Energy Drink Death: Travis Jones
May 21, 2019
Another Energy Drink Death: Travis Jones
On Friday may 11th 2018 I got a phone call at about 7:45am that changed my life forever. My 21 year old son had died. No health conditions… never sick with more than a cold…official cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia due to monster energy drinks…he didn’t drink that many..maybe one or two a day.. but that was all it took. 2 days before mothers day and 2 weeks before his 22nd birthday…this Thursday he would have been 23 years old. I know it’s unrealistic to expect to get rid of them all together but they really need to have better warning labels and age restrictions…it blows my mind that a 10 yr old child can walk into most stores and buy one..maybe they aren’t dangerous for everyone but they are dangerous to enough people that they need to be regulated somehow. My son is gone and nothing will bring him back, but it makes me cringe to see parents letting their children have these and people who just won’t listen about the danger. This is real – I’ve got the death certificate to prove it. Travis’ Mom, Amy Jones