November 18, 2013
Podcast: Talking nutrition with Lance Berkman
- His dietary habits when he first entered the league
- His highest playing weight vs. where he is today
- His body transformation and work with trainer Ben Fairchild and how this improved his performance.
- Some the challenges you face nutritionally with a long season and does his weight fluctuate during the season
- How does he manage to eat healthy when traveling from city to city
- The types of food available in the clubhouse for players and do some ballparks have healthier options than others
- Does he get hungry during a game, especially one that may go into extra innings? What type of food does he pack (nutrition bars, nuts, or any type of snack to have if needed).
- Players he has seen during his career that have terrible eating habits but still go out and go 3 for 4 with 2HR’s and 6 RBI’s
- Whether he has any superstitions before a game
- Any strange food superstitions from teammates where they must eat the same thing before a game
- Any advice to our listeners, especially our young athletes about the importance of nutrition
- His plans after baseball