- AAS: Anabolic Androgenic Steroids, this is the medically accepted abbreviation for steroids.
- A-bombs: This is a slang name for Oxymetholone, which was originally sold under the trade name Anadrol.
- Aerobic: In the presents of oxygen
- Anaerobic: In the absence of oxygen
- Anabolic: Protein building
- Anabolic steroid: One of several compounds derived from testosterone or prepared synthetically to promote general body growth, to oppose the effects of endogenous estrogen, or to promote masculinization effects.
Slang: Arnolds, Gym Candy, Pumpers, Stackers, Weight Trainers, Juice
- Androgen: Any steroid hormone that promotes male characteristics
- Aromatize: The on take of feminine or feminization
- Atrophy: Refers to a state of deterioration usually within the muscle or bodily organ due to a lack of use or health.
- Bitch Tits: slang for Gynecomastia
- Blending: Using steroids with other drug(s)
- Carbohydrates: Any group of chemical compounds, including sugars, starches, and cellulose, containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen only.
- Catabolism: A complex metabolic process in which energy is liberated for use in work, energy storage, or heat production by destruction of complex substances. Basically muscle tissue is broken down when a person is in a catabolic state and the use of anabolic steroids will change this.
- Central Nervous System (CNS): The spinal cord and the brain
- Cholesterol: A fatty substance found in animals that perform many vital functions and is synthesized by the liver and the adrenal cortex.
- Clen: Clenbuterol is not an anabolic steroid. It is a prescription asthma medication that if used in high enough doses increases the metabolic rate, thus reducing body fat.
- Cycle: The time in which a certain steroid (s) is taken. If you take a steroid for 6 weeks it is a 6-week cycle. Usually the time on the cycle is followed by the same amount of time off of the cycle.
- Dart, Poke, Ned: Slang terms for syringes
- D-bol: This is a slang name for Methandrostenolone, which was originally sold under the trade name Dianabol.
- Deca: This is a slang name for Nandrolone Decanoate, which was originally sold under the trade name Deca-Durablin.
- Diuretic: A substance that increase the amount of urine which is released by the kidneys.
- Doping: Steroid use specific to athletic competition
- Energy system: One of the three metabolic systems involving a series of chemical reactions resulting in the formation of waste products and the manufacture of ATP.
- EQ: This is a slang name for a veterinary drug called Boldenone Undeclynate, originally sold under the trade name Equipoise.
- Estrogen: The female androgen.
- Glucose: Simple sugars.
- Glycogen: The form in which glucose (Sugar) is stored in the muscle and the liver.
- Freaky: A bodybuilding term used to describe a person who is huge and obviously on steroids.
- Fake or basement drugs: Refers to counterfeit or fake steroids.
- Gear: Slang for steroids, syringes, anything associated with steroids.
- Gynecomastia: An abnormal enlargement of one or both breasts in men. This condition is usually temporary due to a hormone imbalance brought on by the use of steroids, however, can occur naturally as well.
- Hormone: A discrete chemical substance secreted into the body fluids by an endocrine gland that has a specific effect on the activities of other cells, tissue and organs.
- Hypertrophy: An increase in the size of a cell or organ.
- Immune system: The system in a person's body that wards off infection and responds to illness.
- Juice: Slang term for injectable steroids
- Lactic Acid (Lactate): A fatiguing metabolite of the lactic acid system resulting in incomplete breakdown of glucose.
- Lactic Acid System: An anaerobic energy system in which ATP is manufactured when glucose is broken down to lactic acid.
- Maturation: Progress toward adulthood
- Metabolism: The sum total of chemical changes or reactions occurring in the body.
- Lean mass: The amount of muscle on a person's body
- Libido: A person's sex drive
- Pyramiding: When users slowly escalate steroid use (increasing the number of drugs used at one time and/or the dose and frequency of one or more steroids) reaching a peak amount at mid-cycle and gradually tapering the dose toward the end of the cycle
- Roid Rages: Uncontrolled outbursts of anger, frustration, or combativeness that may result from using anabolic steroids.
- Shotgunning: taking steroids on an inconsistent basis.
- Stacking: using a combination of two or more anabolic steroids often in combination with other drugs
- Test: Testosterone
- Trade name: The name given to a particular substance by each company that manufactures it.
- Tren: This is a slang name for any form of the drug "Trenbolone" which is available in several forms.
- UG or UGL: Underground Labs, or clandestine laboratories that produce anabolic steroids.
- Var: This is a slang name for Oxandrolone, which was originally sold under the trade name Anavar.
- Virilization: The process in which a person takes on characteristics of a mature male
- Winny/Winnie: This is a slang name for Stanozolol, which was originally sold under the trade name Winstrol.
ALA= Alpha Lipoic Acid
AS = Anabolic Steroids
AAS = Anabolic Androgen Steroids
AR = Androgen Receptor
BA = benzyl alcohol
BB = Benzyl Benzoate
BB = Body Builder or Body Building
BRO = You and I
CASE = The body part of a syringe
CC = cubic centimeter (one thousandth of a liter)
CLEN = Clenbuterol
CNS = Central Nervous System
CYP = Testosterone Cypionate
DART = Syringe/Needle
DBOL = Dianabol (Methandrostenolone)
DECA = Nandrolone Decanoate
DHT = Dihydrotestosterone
DNP = Dinitrophenol
DRINK WINNY = Yes you can drink Winny
Drol= Anadrol (Oxymetholone)A-bombs, A-50: Anadrol 50
ECA = Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin
ED = Every Day
ENTH = Testosterone Enanthate
EOD = Every other day
EOW = every other week
ETH = enanthate , testosterone enanthate
EQ = Equipoise (Boldenone Undecylenate)
EW= Every Week
FINA = Finaplix (Trenbolone Acetate)
GH = Growth Hormone
GHB = GAMMA HYDROXYBUTYRATE growth hormone
GYNO = Gynomastica (Bitch tits)
HALOS = halotestiin , fluoxymesterone
HGH = Human Growth Hormone
HCG = human chorionic gongadrophin
HPTA = Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis
IGF = Insulin Growth Factor
INJ = Inject, Injection
LH = Leutenizing Hormone
MCG = Micrograms
MG = Milligrams
ML = Milliliters
NYC = Norephedrine Yohimbe Caffiene
NOLVA = Nolvaldex
OT = Oral-Turinabol
OTC = Over the counter
PEG = Polyethylene glycol
PIN = Needle or Syringes
PRIMO = Primobolan, Primobolan Depot
PCT = post cycle therapy
IM = intramuscular, an [injection into the muscle]
QV = quality vet (mexican company)
SUB Q = subcutaneous [an injection under the skin]
PROP = Testosterone Propionate
SLIN = Insulin
SUST = Sustanon
SUSPENSION = testosterone suspension
OMNAS = omnadren [ testosterone blend]
SUS 250 = sustanon , sus ,[ testosterone blend ]
T400 = test 400 , [ combo of 187.5 mg of cypionate and enanthate along with 25 mg of prop propinate ]
PRIMOS = primobolan , methenolone enanthate
T3 = Thyroid Hormone
TEST = Testosterone
TREN = Fina - (Trenbolone)
UG lab = Underground Lab
Var = Anavar (Oxandrolone)
WINNY or WINNIE = Winstrol-V (Stanozolol) winstrol, zambons
17 AA = 17 Alpha Alkylated
1cc = 1ml
- Strength Coach: Professional coach who's primary responsibilities are:
- Physical development
- Nutritional strategies
- Pre- and Rehabilitation in support of the medical staff
- Planning and organizing year round training programs
- Support of the Sports Psychologist programs
- Conditioning techniques and strategies
- Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC): This person has been certified by the national certification body, to provide the following care for athletes:
- Care and prevention of athletic injuries
- Support the medical team in rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Educational source for athletes seek advice about health related issues
- Coordinates the medical care for athletes and teams as assigned
- Provides a link between the organization and the medical consultants
- First responder to the care of an injuries athlete
- Provides additional duties as assigned in the over-all welfare of the athlete
- Ballistic: Dynamic muscular movements
- Conditioning: Augmentation of the energy capacity of muscle through an exercise program. Conditioning is not primarily concerned with skill of performance, as in the case of training.
- Detraining: The reversal of adaptation to training.
- Personal trainer: Individual that may or may not hold any certification or degree in the related field of strength and conditioning. This person is commonly found in a private gym setting. (Former players, weight lifters, want-a-be coaches)
- Macro-cycle: A phase of training of 2-6 weeks long
- Micro-cycle: It represents a phase of training approximately one week.
- Periodization: It represents a process of structuring a training in to phases
- Periodization of strength: It structures the training program into phases in order to maximize one's capacity to meet the specifics of strength according to the needs of a sport
- HIT Program: It represents a program that is structured around a High Intensity Training program, usually taking a muscle group to failure during training.
- Plyometrics: Are drills or exercises aimed at linking sheer strength and scope of movement to produce an explosive reaction type movement?
- Plateau: Period during training when no observable progress is being made.
- Rep maximum (RM or IRM): The maximal load of a muscle group can lift in one attempt.
- Resistance training: The use of various methods and equipment to provide an external force to exercise against.
- Sets: The total number of repetitions performed before a rest period is taken.
- Specificity of training: Principles underlying construction of a training program for a specific activity or skill.
- Training frequency: The number of times per week for a training workout.
- Volume: A quantities element of training.