COBB COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) –
The Cobb County Government is investigating claims that six employees may have taken and/or distributed steroids without a prescription.
The investigation, which began during the week of May 20, originally focused on one former firefighter accused of using steroids in 2010.
Additional claims that other firefighters and a police officer could be involved led to further investigation.
The current status of each employee is listed below:
- Fire department employee for seven years, resigned
- Fire department employee for 15 years, administrative leave
- Fire department employee for 22 years, remains on duty
- Fire department employee for 24 years, administrative leave
- Fire department employee for 26 years, administrative leave
- Police department employee for seven years, resigned
“We expect our employees to follow the rules, to set a positive example for those around them and to hold themselves to the highest standards of conduct both on and off duty,” said Cobb County Manager David Hankerson. “This investigation will let us know how these employees acted and if they broke the rules.”
There are no indications that the distribution or use of steroids occurred on county property or while these employees were on duty.
The investigation is expected to continue for the next several weeks.Social tagging: anabolic steroids > fireman > illegal > police > steroids