Despite 2 positive drug tests, Anderson Silva Denies Steroid Use; Refuses to Apologize

After testing positive in two drug tests, Anderson Silva still claims that he did not use steroids ever in his life, thus the lack of apology from the fighter.

The UFC middleweight champion tested positive for steroids in drug tests conducted last Jan. 9 and 31. Yahoo Sports said he was declared clean on a Jan. 19 screening, which was a bit confusing, as the later test revealed the opposite.

The same report explained that the two tests are rarely mistaken for their results but Silva has continued to deny that he took the illegal substance prior to his fight against Nick Diaz last month.

On his Instagram account, he posted a statement meant for his fans, reiterating his denial on the use of steroids.

“IN RESPECT TO MY FANS. I will not say anything about who I am or what I went through to get here. What matters to me now is the respect from those who have followed my career. I bled, struggled and fought because I love it and because I always wanted to honor the flag of the country I love so much.

“I don’t know what to apologize for, because I am still waiting for the results and analysis from the specialists that are working to reveal the truth,” read the first few sentences of his post.

Silva added that all the drugs he took during the recovery period of his leg break injury are now being analyzed. “I look for the truth as much as all those who were surprised with the results. I always played clean, I was never a cheater,” he explained.

The UFC fighter broke his leg during his fight with Chris Weidman in December 2013, an accident which fans thought was already the end of his magnificent career in the UFC. But less than a year after, recovery became fast for Silva, so muc so that he already slated a fight with Diaz, which he won.

“In eighteen years of my career, I never had a problem with exams. In and out of the Octagon I never slipped in compliance with the principles that always guided me. With much honor and dignity I defended my country where ever I fought.

“I never used any substances to better my performance in my fights. I love what I do and I would never risk what I took so long to build,” he added in his statement.

The UFC champion also tagged the recent turn of events as “unfair” to him as people have already “condemned” him.

“The time it takes to destroy a reputation is infinitely less than that is taken to build it. I am the one who is most eager to settle this situation,” he added.

ESPN┬ásaid that the fighter has asked for his fans’ support saying that he will continue fighting the unfortunate events in his life until everything goes back to normal.

Aside from Silva, the UFC also temporarily suspended Diaz and Hector Lombard after illegal drugs were also discovered in their bloodstream and urine. ESPN added that these instances prompted the UFC to launch “a multimillion-dollar anti-doping plan” which will require all fighters to undergo tests for performance-enhancing drugs beginning July.

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/14616/20150221/anderson-silva-denies-steroid-use-refuses-apologize.htm

Social tagging: > > > > > > > > >

Comments are closed.